I’m still working on the back panel of the sweater, but I have finished the back shaping and hope to start the raglan edging tonight. Then, on to the sleeves!
Otherwise, not a whole lot to report on my progress. I did take another few days off on the weekend and knit a sock in that fantastic yarn I got from KareDan Farming Initiative. It’s just a tube sock, but it looks cute on my foot. I will publish the finished pair probably sometime next week, as I have to start the second one.
I have next week off as vacation, so, between cleaning binges, I will be knitting and working the sweater. I also plan on sending off some of my charity knitting as well, and I will tell you about that when the time comes.
October is one of my favorite times of year. Well, mostly because my birthday is in the month, but it’s when fall really kicks into gear without being too cold and quite pretty with the foliage. It’s a great time to get crafting, and here are some ideas that I have come across, along with some ideas of my own.
- Go beyond the traditional jack o’ lantern. Get a kit and carve that pumpkin in a creative fashion. Make a picture or go for a 3-D look!
- Check out this Squidoo lens about Halloween knitting crafts. I got some great ideas from here!
- Join in on Socktoberfest on Ravelry. Even though I’m just doing tube socks right now, I still am going to join in on the fun.
- Get some black and orange beaded jewelry and see what lovely Halloween glam you can come up. I have my beads ready to go!
- Get your own Halloween costume together. Sewers, this is a great time to show off your talents. Fabric.com has some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Start your Christmas crafting. I know, it’s only October, but the holidays will be here before you know it.
- Bake something!
- Gather some fall leaves and use them in a creative manner, such as putting them under plastic for a decoration.
- Make your own Halloween candy to give to the kiddies and your neighbors.
- Create a big birthday present for me. (Just kidding!)